1) Senior citizens are now welcome to make reservations to come to Sunday Divine Liturgy. Using your good judgment regarding your personal risk factors, you are invited to reserve your seat in church in the same fashion as the rest of us --- by calling and leaving your name on the church phone (724-834-1311). You will then be called by Debbie or Fr. John who will ask you basic questions about your recent travels, exposure to someone with the COVID-19 virus, and your general health. If all is in order, your reservation will be confirmed in that phone call.
2) Sunday Divine Liturgy attendance will continue to be organized as we have for the past six weeks (basically as described in #1). Beginning this evening, Saturday night Great Vespers will be an 'open' service (no reservation required). Inside the church the routine remains the same --- temperature check, distancing, masks, no kissing anything, as little touching anything as possible.
3) A weekly, 'open' (no reservations required) Divine Liturgy will be added to the schedule on Wednesday mornings at 9:00 AM with the same standard attendance features to be followed inside the church.
May God grant us all strength, health and courage!
Fr. John Nosal
Our services are livestreamed below. If a livestream is not in progress at this time, the most recently recorded service will appear. Archived services may be found under the MEDIA tab in the menu bar. See Calendar for schedule of services.
ALL ARE WELCOME IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD, GOD, AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.
St. Michael's is a parish of the Orthodox Church, the original and oldest Christian Church. We belong to the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America, part of the Church established by the Apostles Peter and Paul in Antioch, where the disciples were first called Christians (Acts 11:26). We share a direct and unbroken connection to this early center of Christianity, continuing the same faith and worship of the earliest Christians. Our bishops and clergy serve in direct succession to the first-century Apostles and their ministry. Father John Nosal is our priest and pastor. St. Michael's Orthodox Church was founded in 1955, but its roots in Greensburg date back to 1918.
We invite you to come and see our worship and to learn about our faith! Divine Liturgy is every Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m.
The mission of St. Michael's is to tend to the flock of our Lord Jesus Christ and to spread the Good News of Christ to those outside the flock. The mission is to be accomplished by:
- Living a full and liturgical and sacramental life
- Proclaiming the Orthodox Christian Faith to all people
- Providing effective charitable and social programs
- Establishing strong spiritual leadership and educational resources
PATHS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
“He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.”
Paths of Righteousness, the hiking group launched at St. Michael’s last year under the leadership of Pete Papas and Fr. Sam Smolcic, is eagerly planning their 2020 hiking season! The group will again embark on wilderness hikes of 5 to 7 miles in length on Saturdays on established trails in Westmoreland, Fayette, Somerset, Indiana and Cambria Counties.
Fr. Sam has extensive experience on these trails and will be choosing routes of easy to moderate difficulty. He has twenty-five different hikes in this region mapped out in in his repertoire, all of which inspire praise to our Lord, “whose Name is majestic in all the earth.” (Psalm 8:9)
Adult hikers of both genders are welcome, with the only requirement being that they be fit enough an able to do the hike. Also, hikers with First Aid experience will be enthusiastically welcomed to participate. Hikes will take place approximately once every 6 weeks from April throughy late September. A very preliminary schedule of the hikes is as follows:
1 — April 4 3 — June 27 5 — September 19
2 — May 16 4 — August 8
The first date is fairly certain; subsequent dates are frim, but may be changed subject to weather forecasts.
Contact Pete Papas in person, by phone (412-558-1246), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in becoming a part of this outdoor fellowship of those who are moved to “praise the Lord from the heavens” and “praise Him in the heights.” (Psalm 148:1) An orientation meeting will take place prior to the first hike.