Large bell in note of A is remembered by its patronage under Saint Antony the Abbot. Orthodox patron of bellmakers.
Middle bell in note of C is remembered under the patronage of Saint Catherine of Alexandria. A noble and industrious woman of Alexandria who preached the Faith by her life and who died for the Lord. A reminder of the hard working and faithful women of St. Michaels and the great ministry they give in the parish. She is a saint venerated in both the East and West and reflective of the parish family of St. Michaels.
Small bell in note of E is remembered under the payronage of the Prophet Elias calling the faithful to worship the Lord and to hear His Word, the Parish of St. Michaels was erected and consecrated whilst the Patriarch Elias V Muawad of Antioch was enthroned and shepherding the Flock of Christ in Antioch.
The small bell was cast in 1876 and was part of a small Reformed Church in NE Pennsylvania until it was closed and the bell found its way to a man in the central part of the state where it sat in this mans yard up until August 2013 when it became part of the bell company of Brosamers Bells of Michigan and a few days later part of the family of St. Michaels.
The middle and large bells were cast in 1909 for a Slovak Catholic Parish in Dunmore,PA. They came to McShane Bell Foundry 10 days before our phone call in August 2012 seeking assistance of bells and in the Notes A and C. These two bells were most likely consecrated sacramentals according to the ancient ceremony of the Baptism and Chrismation of Bells according to the Roman Liturgy. The Cross on each bell denotes that and the inscription in Slovak,"Daroval Mladzedski Spolon(k) S. Vateho Josefa Z. " is thus translated loosely. "Donated by Mladzedski Vateho for the S. Joseph Guild." More than likely a mens group within the parish, and Dunmore PA is near Scranton. The date of November 1st, 1909 is the Feast of All Saints in the Roman Ordo.